Monday, April 23, 2012

Valle de la Luz

Today I leave to Buenos Aires for two weeks so I won't have any more pictures to post for some time. I do have a couple of shots saved but I don't know when I will be able to upload them.

Yesterday I went out and made some good shoots, but the red and oranges I had been seeing this past weeks are already faded and only brown and dark yellow remain. It is sad, but it also means that winter is almost here, and with it snow!

Those pictures will have to wait, but I do have a picture to upload.

A few days ago, I was showing the trails to someone I met trough couchsurfing.org and we decided to go out even though the weather forecast said it was going to be very rainy and very windy. It was both, and even though we walked 20 km I wasn't able to take my camera out of y backpack for fear of destroying completely. There wasn't a lot to show either.

On our way up I showed here a place were I had been couple of times before at sunrise, but I never got what I wanted, and the light at the moment was pretty flat.

Valle de la Luz

Valle del Rio de las Vueltas, El Chalten, Patagonia Argentina
On our way back, almost in the town, she pointed to the north part of the valley where the light passing though the clouds left only a small part of it illuminated, and the rest in shadows. Since the rain at that time was very light, I started running down hill to the spot I had selected the days before just in time to take a couple of shots. After that the clouds closed again, and the show was over.

I waited with her for 15 minutes more, but but that time I was soaking wet and without movement I was getting cold, so we decided to leave.

This is the result.

See you around!
Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment