Friday, April 20, 2012

Hielo y Roca

Today I have four pictures from El Calafate.

The weather was very strange that day, sometimes cloudy and rainy, sometimes completely clear, but always very windy and very cold.

Light was very mixed on the glacier. The front wall was almost always clear, but the back of the glacier and the mountains that surround it were covered most of the time. With those conditions, I always tried to have the glacier in direct sunlight to keep the shadows and textures of the ice, and the background in the shadow. That way I had a nice contrast between the foreground and the background, and the ice wouldn't look flat.

The first one is from the face of the glacier, with the mountains on the back, already covered in snow.

Hielo y Roca

Glaciar Perito Moreno, El Calafate, Patagonia Argentina
The next couple of pictures go together, as both show the glacier with a solid background. In the first case its the cloudy sky and in the second its a forest in the shadow (pushed a little in post-production to turn it almost black).

Recortes I

Glaciar Perito Moreno, El Calafate, Patagonia Argentina
Recortes II

Glaciar Perito Moreno, El Calafate, Patagonia Argentina
And finally, some ducks in Bahia Redonda, just in front of El Calafate. I stayed there as long as I could, but I could never have all four ducks facing forward. There was always at least one turning his head, but three out of four is not bad!

Barcino (Pato Barcino)

Bahia Redonda, El Calafate, Patagonia Argentina
In the next few days I travel to Buenos Aires for two weeks so there won't be any new pictures. However I have three more pictures to upload and I plan to go out tomorrow to camp for a night in camp Poincenot so I might have something more.

See you around!
Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment