Thursday, May 10, 2012

Colgada

Okay, I am back from Buenos Aires and ready to start again!

This pictures is actually from before I left, but I never got around to uploading them before, so here they are.

Colgada

El Chalten, Patagonia Argentina
The first one is from Fitz Roy. Instead of going all the way to Campamento Poincenot or Laguna de los Tres (the closest you can get) I went south and a little to the west to capture a different angle. In the foreground you can see Loma de las Pizarras already with some snow.

The light was nice that day, with some clouds to the east that blocked part of the light leaving the top and bottom of the mountain in the shadows, and only the middle illuminated.

The only thing I would have wished for would be more clouds above the mountains, but since it is not to far from here I can go again and try for a better (or worst actually...) weather!

Loica I (Loica Comun, male)

El Chalten, Patagonia Argentina
Loica II (Loica Comun, male)

El Chalten, Patagonia Argentina
I took the other two pictures a few minutes after that on my way back. The clouds that blocked the light earlier were a very bright yellow bathing the area with a very soft and warm light. On the first one, I wish the grass on the lower left corner wasn't blocking the bird, but I still like how this looks. And in the first one I would have preferred for the bird to look a little more to the right, but the sound from the shutter got his attention and he never looked away until he left.

Let me know what you think.

See you around!
Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment