Monday, June 4, 2012

Bosque Blanco

This last weeks the weather has been pretty bad, with lots of clouds, heavy snow storms and worse, strong winds. I have been able to go out only a few times, and even then it has been pretty hard.

Snow in the trails is ankle deep, or worse, and when the sun shines, the top melts only to freeze during the night, creating the longest slide in the world. I am looking to get crampons, but so far I have gone with out them.

So! Today I am uploading a little experiment. It was taken a few weeks ago after a very strong snowfall. As a result, the trees in that particular place were completely covered, and since it was an old burned forest, the branches were already bare.

Bosque Blanco

El Chalten, Patagonia Argentina
Since they are in the shadow, there is not much separation between the different trees, so maybe I will be back on another day to try again. Still, I like the result.


Carpintero Gigante

El Chalten, Patagonia Argentina
There is also another image from a woodpecker. Its very impressive to see them working on a tree only to have the snow from the branches fall on them. They don't seem to mind though, they just shook it off and continue like nothing!

Tomorrow I will upload a few more images from a different day, with two that I really like.

See you around!
Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment